Lifelong learning center 2 “EKPEDEFTIKI ENOSI” is licensed by E.O.P.P.E.P., the Official Body of the Ministry of Education (License number 192083980)
ANIMAL CARE PRACTITIONER – LIFELONG LEARNING CENTER 2
Animal Care Practitioner duties include secretary task support, customer – pet owner reception, retail tasks (pharmacy – pet shop), space hygiene, pet beautification and nursing support.
In case of the veterinary’s absence, the Animal Care Practitioners are responsible for first aid in emergencies following the veterinary’s telephone guidelines.
This is a one-year course (2 semesters). Subjects are connected to veterinary studies, so that the trainee acquires mostly practical knowledge.
This is the only certified course by the British Gatehouse Awards by which trainees are certified upon their request.
This is the only course in Greece certified by the British Body for Certifications Gatehouse Awards
Graduates can work at:
• Animals clinics
• Set up their own animal salon – pet shop
• Animal protection organizations
• Veterinary laboratories
Trainees develop the following skills:
1. Understand the basic principles of animal anatomy and physiology
2. Evaluate animal clinical condition in general
3. Handle simple incidents (following veterinary guidelines)
4. Learn about space and tools hygiene and sanitation
5. Train in animal examination and first aid
6. Communicate with customers – owners and inform them about animal condition
7. Manage the basics of a veterinary clinic (accepting owners, animal history, first aid guidelines, supplies and examination room and surgery preparation.
The course includes laboratory lectures, tutorial and clinic practice, educational visits and practice
1. Elements of Animal Anatomy – Physiology
2. Elements of Pharmacology and Toxicology
3. Small Animal Veterinary Assistance
4. Microbiology – Biochemistry
5. Elements of Radiation Technology – Resonance
6. Pet Animal First Aid
7. Hygiene – Parasitology – Dermatology
8. Animal Training – Psychology
9. Elements of Pet Animal Dietary
10. Surgery Tools and Materials
11. Nursing Support – Handling
12. Practice in Vet Clinic
13. Elements of Animal Obstetrics – Reproduction
14. Dog – Cat Pathology
15. Ethics in Veterinary Science
16. Animal Psychology