NURSING ASSISTANT FOR PATIENTS WITH MENTAL DISEASES – LIFELONG LEARNING CENTER 2
“Nursing Assistant for Patients with Mental Diseases” graduates acquire knowledge that enables them to cooperate with medical and nursing personnel aiming at:
1. Patient support to integrate into the environment of the department
2. Patient health protection, maintenance, rehabilitation and promotion by implementing suitable treatment throughout the stages of the mental disease
“Nursing Assistant for Patients with Mental Diseases” graduates can work at:
• Public Psychiatric Hospitals
• Public Psychiatric Departments of General Hospitals
• Public and Private Patient Rehabilitation Units
• Private Psychiatric Clinics
• Private Psychology Infirmaries
“Nursing Assistant for Patients with Mental Diseases” graduates actively participate in the following professional activities:
1. Patient psychological approach and establishment of supportive relationship
2. Implementing simple psycho-treatment handling
3. Patient corporal nursing evaluation
4. Patient security protective measures taking
5. Patient general and local cleaning
6. Patient help, care and support in cases of chronic, incurable disease or accident or abuse
7. Complications care for prevention due to bed rest
8. Shunt operation monitoring
9. Vital signs measurement
10. Emergency nursing performance (such as hip ligature, fracture immobilization, etc.)
RECOGNIZED STATE DIPLOMA
Graduate receives certification by the National Organization for the Certification and Vocational Guidance (E.O.P.P.E.P.), an official body of the Ministry of Education.
The state diploma offered by the educational group "Educational Union" is the key to ensuring that its graduates enter the labor market, both in Greece and abroad.
It opens the door to a better and more secure career path.
All graduates are able to gain top positions in both the private and public sectors.